Yifei Zheng’s natural inclination to help others has always been at the forefront of her career ambitions. After studying criminology at the University of Florida, Yifei went back to school to get a master’s degree in public health. Although she didn’t pursue a career in that field, Yifei learned a fundamental lesson that has helped her work and personal life. “There are many different ways to solve a problem.”
Originally from China, Yifei is living her American Dream as an International Recruiter for MedPro International after starting as an intern in 2019. Yifei loves helping recruits find the perfect position in a location they’ll feel at home. “I get to interact with healthcare professionals from around the world and help them achieve their dream of working in the U.S.,” said Yifei.
When not assisting recruits, Yifei enjoys watching movies and playing with her dog Kuma, a 90-pound American Akita. Yifei, her boyfriend, and Kuma love going for walks and spending time outdoors.
Rapid Fire (Short Answers)
- All-time favorite movie? The Parent Trap
- Useful lesson from studying criminology? I don’t remember anything from my criminology degree, but another lesson I learned from studying public health was that it’s important to listen to everyone’s viewpoint.
- Favorite Chinese phrase? 相信你自己 (Believe in yourself)
- Who inspires you? My Dad
- If you could travel anywhere, where would you go? Fiji
Lightning Round (Pick One)
- Coffee or a smoothie? Smoothie
- Dress, jeans, or pajamas? Pajamas
- Comedies, dramas, or documentaries? Comedies
- Cheesecake, cake pops, or popsicles? Popsicles
- Dog park or neighborhood walk? Dog park
- Dinner and a movie out or dinner and a movie at home? Dinner and a movie at home
- Boating on the Intracoastal or air boating in the Everglades? Boating on the Intracoastal
- CSI, Law & Order, Dexter, or Reno 911? Law and Order
- One dog or a pack? A pack
- Eyewitness testimony or DNA evidence? DNA evidence